Healthy & Natural
What is so special about BureBure? The answer becomes evident when you wear felted wool shoes for some time, lose them, miss them and understand that there's nothing to replace them.
Rest Your Feet
There are hundreds of different shoe models that we felt. One feature connects them all – your feet always touch felted wool when you wear BureBure slippers or shoes. The inner part of our footwear is 100 % woolen. We strengthen or decorate only the outer part of the shoe.
We never break this rule because wool is the most comfortable & aesthetically beautiful analog of human hair. Nowhere your feet could feel as relaxed as in this breathable and seamless woolen footwear.
BureBure slippers are incredibly light, they weigh only around 200-300 grams (0.44-0.66 pounds). No matter whether you pick felted slippers, sneakers, or ankle boots, you’ll feel like walking barefoot in the air!
The secret of lightweight footwear is primarily determined by the material and process that transforms it - wool and felting. Felting is one of the longest and purest processes in textile.
BureBure woolen footwear is felted by hands into a solid structure using just clean hot water and natural olive soap.
Did you know that :
- If you wore BureBure slippers, you would feel warm on a cold day and cool on a hot day due to the wool insulation properties?
- Wool is a natural antiseptic? This material is air-permeable: microorganisms and mites do not survive in such conditions.
- Felted wool prevents feet from over sweating? Felted shoes absorb up to 40 % moisture of their own weight.
- Felted wool massages the feet? Feet massage helps overcome pain, stress, psychological problems. Pressing the right foot points can improve the bloodstream, reduce inflammation, tiredness.
- We start felting shoes or slippers only after your order. All items are handmade and can be customized per your requirements.